Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Help?


This week, I am preparing to send an email to my three sources of data (Jefferson Parish Animal Shelter, Louisiana Society for Prevention of the Cruelty to Animals Animal Shelter, and Southern Animal Foundation) requesting the information on the euthanasia levels of cats and dogs. The email read as follows:
To whom it may concern:
My name is (First Name Last Name) and I am a senior at (Random High School, USA). I am enrolled in an Advanced Placement Statistics class this semester and our teacher has asked us to do a project involving real life data where we analyze it and present our findings to statisticians. Being an animal lover and recently becoming involved in animal rescue, I chose to do some research on local animal shelters and the number of cats and dogs euthanized in comparison to the number of cats and dogs adopted. I was hoping you could please reply with these numbers or refer me to someone who can give them to me.

Thank you for your time and cooperation.

Sincerely,

(signature)

Tell me if you think I should add some more or if there are some areas where I should be more specific.

2 comments:

Cinnamon M said...

I think the letter is fine. Just to let you know you cannot sign an email, lol. I think you should be when you want them to answer back. Also, you should call them and email, because calling you know there is a definite contact. Good luck on your data collection.

alexdee said...

I agree with Cinnamon, give them a date to contact you by, so that way you are certain that they can help you. Emails are efficient, but maybe a phone call preceding the email can provide insight into whether or not they will be able to help you, and you may also be able to find out a little side information to add into your project. Oh, and maybe you could add something in about why this is important to you, besides the fact that you are an animal lover, such as whether or not you think euthanasia is cruel or something along those lines.

Post a Comment